Saturday, February 23, 2013

A NIGHT OF A BAD DREAMS


I had a bunch of bad dreams last night. This is very rare for me. Typically these days I might get a single mildly bad dream maybe once or twice a month, if that.
But first let me wind back a bit. 
A few days ago I hung out with a friend of mine. This is someone I've known for a decade or longer, so there's a lot of history there. Mostly pretty good, but some very dark times too. This guy has very strong energy. Historically, he's affected me enormously.
Now, he's going through some shit at the moment (aren't we all?) The catch is, within about 15 minutes of hanging out with him, I could feel his energy making me feel, quite literally, physically ill.
Ok, so that's not good. What to do, what to do?
I tried putting up separation roses, to energetically divide us. They didn't stick. Maybe we just have too much history, we're too strongly connected. Maybe he's just too energetically grasping. I don't know.
I could feel giant clumps of dark energy coming off him and coming towards me, as he was describing the various troubles in his life. Nothing I tried was helping, and things were quickly spiraling downwards.
Interesting situation.
Then I settled on the simplest possible solution.
I focused on the clump of darkness, and simply said "I love you."
Yep, just that.
The super cool thing was, the darkness immediately dissipated. My feeling of sickness left, and (very interesting) he perked up and started talking about something else altogether.
For the rest of our time together, every time I felt negatively affected, or could sense dark globs of whatever appearing, I'd just address them, say "I love you" and watch them disappear again.
Very. Interesting.
Now, in Ho'oponopono (A Hawaiian healing technique), you cycle through four phrases:
  1. I love you
  2. I'm sorry
  3. Please forgive me
  4. Thank you
But I'm starting to suspect, if there was one single prayer to say for the rest of your life, it should be "I love you." The single most powerful thing you can say in any situation.
Since then I have (of course, you know me!) been doing the exact same thing to anything that's appeared — in myself, or those around me. Said "I love you" to it (in my mind) and let it go.
So, to last night.

pic by Cesar T Sanchez 
Ever since I started tapping out nightmares, the frequency with which I've experienced bad dreams has dropped precipitously. They've just stopped happening.
So last night was pretty interesting. I had 10, maybe 15 distinct bad dreams in a row.
Why? Who knows (and really, who cares?) Maybe I just unblocked something big enough that it was time to wash a bunch of related remnants out of me. It really doesn't matter too much.
Anyway, in each of these dreams, I settled back, said "I love you" to whatever was happening, and the dream disappeared. Sometimes I needed to repeat it a few times, but every single time the dream would dissolve, along with whatever it was that had been bothering me.
Best of all? I woke up feeling like a million bucks. Now that is a first after a night of bad dreams.
"I love you" — said calmly and with intention — it's continuing to amaze me just how powerful that phrase really is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment